Zim Zam Zoom shortlisted for the 2017 CLiPPA Award
CLPE is delighted to announce the 2017 shortlist for the Centre for Literacy in Primary Poetry Award (CLiPPA).
Established in 2003, CLiPPA encourages and celebrates outstanding poetry published for children.
2017 is the 15th anniversary of the award, which remains the only annual award in the UK for published poetry for children.
The full shortlist is:
- Kwame Alexander: Booked, Andersen Press – A free verse novel, written in the voice of 12 year old soccer-loving boy.
- James Carter: Zim Zam Zoom!, illustrated by Nicola Colton, Otter-Barry Books – Perfectly pitched for the young listener or early reader with plenty of opportunities for joining in.
- Michaela Morgan (editor): Wonderland; Alice in Poetry, Macmillan – Anthology celebrating the spirit of Wonderland with each poet bringing their own refreshing spin.
- Michael Rosen: Jelly Boots, Smelly Boots, illustrated by David Tazzyman, Bloomsbury – Quirky, clever poems from those that involve humorous misunderstandings to thoughtful and more intimate musings.
- Kate Wakeling: Moon Juice, illustrated by Elīna Brasliņa, The Emma Press – A debut collection of poetry that presents magical, strange and unlikely events in a confident and persuasive way.