Bleakly beautiful. A raw emotional depth charge of a novel.
- MR Carey, author of The Girl with All the Gifts
Last Ones Left Alive is a debut novel of jaw-dropping skill and immense power, a shimmering dystopian vision but also a lucid meditation on tenderness, intimacy and courage. From the get-go, it gripped me, and since the last page I've been haunted.
- Joseph O'Connor, author of Star of the Sea
Last Ones Left Alive gripped me as much by the heart as it did by the throat. A stormer of a debut, Davis-Goff has created an urgent, assured, terrifying tale of destruction, humanity, and love.
- Kiran Millwood Hargrave, author of The Girl of Ink and Stars
Ferocious and Chilling, but brimming with real humanity.
- Lisa McInerney, author of The Glorious Heresies
Crisp and evocative. The dialogue crackles and sparks.
- Donal Ryan, author of The Spinning Heart
Kept me awake until 2am. A triumph.
- Louise O'Neill, author of Asking for It
A riveting novel.
- Eowyn Ivey, author of The Snow Child